Montag, Jänner 30, 2006

 

on the train again


The soundtrack of my life in the last year has been the sound of the engines of planes and trains. With my iPod that has changed now. In order to avoid situations as the ones described below, where I start randomly dancing on the street or singing in the tram I have uploaded mainly silent background music.
Right now I am sitting on the train from Brussels to Strasbourg. It is 5 hours ride in a train without restaurant car, without snacks … nothing.
In my compartment the electricity has some difficulties, most of the time no light and definitely no heating.
I have had a very intense view days in Brussels now, meeting people I have not seen since before Christmas, bureau meeting, going out, drinking, discovering friends and a lot of talking – more and less meaningful stuff.
So now I am in the train; tired, cold and back to Strasbourg.
Although I am in Strasbourg probably the second most often after Vienna, I still do not feel home there. I do not really have friends, luckily Pino is there quite often with me, and otherwise I would have gone mad already.
In Brussels I am not so often, but I feel home there. There are always people I really like to spend time with, there are people I love and that inspire me, that I can have fun with and serious talks. Whenever I am in Brussels I also meet people I know on the streets and in bars – that really gives me a homey feeling.
I love Vienna, it is my favourite city in the world and my most important and long-term friends do live there; but it is also good to know that there are friends in Brussels that are very dear to me.
But here I am, in the train; tired and cold – and really sad that I had to leave Brussels, that I am going to spend a desperate week in Strasbourg, not knowing what to do every evening, not knowing who to spend quality time with and my sad soundtrack from the iPod.
I have to remember to put some cheer up and happy music on again…

Comments:
I'm not sure if Eva Cassidy is the right compagnon for lonely hours in trains ... but then again, it's only the most cheesy stuff that gives you 150% of emotions. One can have the sad look then and gaze meaningfully through the windows, contemplating on life and love. That's so great, and for those kind of feeling trains are the best means of transportation.

And by the way, perhaps our ipods are soulmates ... mine is currently also playing the most cheesy song I have.
 
i have to admit, my mood is already much better since i am not freezing anymore and had some sleep and breakfast!
 
It's good to have you back in the blog! And will certainly be good to have you back in Brussels again!
 
Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?