Mittwoch, September 12, 2007

 

i never miss the mountains




I have been on the train lately a lot: from Rome to Bressanone, from Bressanone via Innsbruck to Salzburg, from Salzburg to Ljubljana. So this is a lot of mountain for only a few days the Dolomites, Karawanken and other impressive parts of the Alps.
And last but not least Hohe Tauern National Park, covering an area of 1800 square km belongs to the most magnificent highland landscapes I have ever seen. On the 5th of September this year it was snowing down to 1000m in Austria. So when I passed the Brennero Pass by train that day it was actually snowing and I formed my first snowball. The day after, when I drove through the Tauern, I could see dark green alpine plateaus and just a few meters above the snowy rocks. It really made me appreciate the nature of the alps and put me in a quite romantic feeling. In addition the youth and social workers conference I attended in the north of Italy was quite inspiring, most people were not from youth NGOs but from other youth services or social services and it allowed an quite interesting exchange of views and experiences.

Comments: Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?